Thursday, November 19, 2009

ozark plateau

My visit to Arkansas was lovely, and Mamaw was even lovelier...

via yogitiad

Masons was so much fun, as usual. Mamaw patiently waited for me while I browsed every rack looking for treasures. I came home with an Esley ruffle trim top & a gold multi-chain necklace. Fab!

We took the retirement community bus to the Razorbacks basketball game again, and there really is no other way to go. I remembered to bring red this year, so I wasn't an embarrassment to the team & fellow fans. Woo pig sooie!

The bookstore is always a necessary stop & I got to pick-out anything my heart desired.
My picks, which I can't wait to read...



A Time to Talk
by Robert Frost

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it?
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.


Merci, Mamaw! Merci!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

So glad you had a nice trip! Your hair looks darker...I love it! :)

Megan said...

You know you're legit when you ride the bus! Fun, fun, fun! Can't wait to hear about your new books. :)