Sunday, December 5, 2010

christmas is coming

As a kid, whenever I would ask for something during the year, my mom would usually reply with, "Christmas is coming". Which meant that everything I asked for from about July on, had to wait for Christmas. And, inevitably, by the time Christmas rolled around, I had forgotten what I had asked for in the months prior.

Now that December is here, and I am finding all sorts of treasures that I would like to add to my closet/jewelry box/home, I hear those 3 words repeated over & over in my head as I attempt to practice some form of self control.

Here are some finds that have tempted me so & I've either been successful or unsuccessful at resisting.

Unsuccessful!
Vintage Courreges Paris Fine Whale Corduroy Skirt - Ikhan Vintage
Completely impossible to resist, I would have eaten Top Ramen for the rest of my life to be able to bring this one home. I died when it arrived & saw that it is even more beautiful in person.

Successful (so far)!
Cross Stitch Sweater Cardigan - F21
It's living in my shopping cart, but I have not taken the plunge yet. I just love the shawl collar and cross stitch design.

So unique and dainty, I'm adding this one to my list for Santa.

Successful!
Traveler Necklace - Japonicas
This fantastic pendant, along with everything Japonicas, has been added to my list.

Successful (sad face)
24K Gold Encased Geode Long Necklace - Iris Jewelry Design
I LOVE this necklace! It only doesn't belong to me (yet) because I can't justify the splurge.

How cool are these?! We don't have any room in our home for them, but I wish we did. They remind me of you, Megan.

And, remember, Christmas is coming!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMG! I LOVE those posters! I am trying so hard not to snatch them up myself because they would look awesome in my family room!

Dianna said...

i know, so great! she sells them as singles also, so maybe 1 print can be justified :-)

Megan said...

Ooooh... love them! I let Santa know that they are on the top of my wish list this year. :)