Thursday, December 9, 2010

ar-kansas

Without further ado, I give you another fun-filled trip to Arkansas to visit Mamaw...

The leaves were gorgeous & the air was crisp. We spent much of the time oohing and ahhing over all of the beautiful Fall colors.

I stayed at Mamaw's while my bro & fam stayed at a hotel nearby.

We ate chocolate before bed and & wished each other goodnight.

We shopped at Masons, our tradition & my favorite place.

And enjoyed every minute of it. I brought home several treasures, including a red Splendid 1 x 1 cardigan, a grey BB Dakota Miner Jacket, and a fabulous grey zipper clutch. Tres bien!

We wore our Razorback red & called the Hogs. The Razorbacks beat UTEP 58 to 21.

We made our spaghetti and treated each other to books. I picked Margaret Atwood's latest. We saw Marlon Blackwell's Keenan TowerHouse, shopped for antiques, laughed a lot, and cried when we had to say goodbye.

For Once, Then, Something
by Robert Frost

Others taunt me for having knelt at well-curbs
Always wrong to the light, so never seeing
Deeper down in the well than where the water
Gives me back in a shining surface picture
Me myself in the summer heaven godlike
Looking out of a wreath of fern and cloud puffs.
Once, when trying with chin against well-curb,
I discerned, as I thought, beyond the picture,
Through the picture, a something white, uncertain,
Something more of the depths - and then I lost it.
Water came to rebuke the too clear water.
One drop fell from a fern, and lo, a ripple
Shook whatever it was lay there at bottom,
Blurred it, blotted it out. What was that whiteness?
Truth? A pebble of quartz? For once, then, something.

Merci, Mamaw. Merci.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like another great trip! And I just ADORE Margaret Atwood! Let me know how this book is!

Dianna said...

Thanks Linds! I owe my love for Atwood to you! I'll let you know how it is.