Sunday, September 6, 2009

steals and deals....nordies

Remember this big Marc by MJ purchase for my 29th last year?Marc by Marc Jacobs Totally Turnlock Faridah

Well, he's turned out to be a very reliable friend to have at my side and I do love him so. But, sadly, he has been looking a bit bedraggled lately with loose threads, discoloration, and in need of a good polish. So, I took him over to my friendly neighborhood Nordstrom for some advice on how to get him looking back to his best. What I found was not only excellent customer service, but the deal of a lifetime.
Apparently MJ does not repair bags as most other designers do, so Nordies offers a completely new bag at the same value as the original purchase price instead. That's right, I can turn in my bag that I have used for the last year and a half and walk away with a brand spanking new bag from any designer that they carry! Kind of unbelievable, right?
I was virtually in shock after learning about this fantastic opportunity, and wasn't prepared at all to pick-out something new right then. A purchase like this takes a lot of thought (even if it is free) and I will have to say my proper goodbyes to my old friend as the search for a new one begins....Marc by MJ Classic Q Aidan Satchel

Totally Turnlock Aidan Satchel

1 comment:

ambika said...

When we were in Canada 2 weeks ago, clerks kept marvelling at my Nordstroms card. Is it sad that it gave me warm fuzzies knowing the flagship store is in my home town and I've *always* gotten this kind of service from them?