Sunday, September 21, 2008

emmy style picks

I'm not a big fan of award shows, nor do I watch enough network tv to know who half of the people are.
But, I certainly can't resist a red carpet.
Tonight's Emmy Awards offered a bunch of duds with a few inspiring pieces sprinkled in, as usual. And this year, the good ones were pretty darn good.
My picks....

#1 - Sandra Oh
Almost always one of my favorites, Sandra Oh does it again. This black lace number is quite spectacular with layers of fabric and lace compiled in a very interesting and wonderful way. A perfect composition and silhouette. Exquisite.

#2 - Eva Longoria Parker
I don't only love this dress because I have a thing for bows (and this is one of the best bows ever), I love it because it is absolutely amazing. Beautifully embroidered bow + layers of metallic fringe = fabulously elegant and fresh.

#3 - Emilie de Ravin
I feel in love with this gown the moment I saw it. The beautiful shades of blue, the layers of fabric, and the unique geometric details make this a one-of-a-kind statement. She looks phenomenal.

#4 - Lisa Edelstein
Classic and fun. I love this dress, especially the contrast in the detail, the thin belt, and the peek of black tulle at the hem. The round toe platform heels polish it off perfectly.

No comments: