Thursday, September 25, 2008

i heart art...angela

I Heart Art is back! Yay, yay, hip, hip, hooray!
Angela, my sister-in-law and author of the great Mommy in Manhattan blog, kicks-off the great I Heart Art comeback with her artsy picks!
Take it away Ang.....

My husband & I have been lucky to find great artists on the streets of a few places we've visited. The first one is a painting we got in Hawaii. We were in our Latin dancing stage so when we saw this one we fell in love. The artist captured the strong & passionate connection between dancers. They seem to be the only people in the world & the only ones that matter to each other. Every time I look at this painting it reminds me of our "courting" days & an awesome vacation!

In Paris, artists are flooding the streets, but the vibrant colors of this Paris scene caught my eye. The warmth of the red emits passion & excitement, which mirrored my reaction to "La Ville-lumiere."

And last, but definitely not least, this drawing hangs in my son's room. It is especially meaningful because it is the drawing that my in-laws purchased when my husband was born. The caption reads, "Castles are made of dreams and sand." It echoes what we want for our sons...to maintain their playfulness, to dream big & follow their dreams whatever they may be.
- Angela

Thank you Angela!

1 comment:

pipomixes said...

excellent choices. I was wondering where the dreams and sand piece went. I see no better place for it than in the room of R&A.