Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I don't need a bag, if you don't need to bag it


Pardon the foul language, we are talking about plastic bags here (gasp). The damage that these babies do to our cities, environment, animals, and planet is obscene. Litter on our streets, pollution in our oceans & streams, user of resources, & killer of animals, these bags have got to go. It doesn't take much to discontinue the use of these ugly bags in our everyday life, just a change of habit. Reusable & bio-degradable bags are the answer to our eco-prayers. Most grocery store chains now carry their own versions of reusable bags for approx. $1 ea. And, if you don't want to carry around a bag that screams the name of your grocery store while you're shopping at the mall or strolling down Rodeo, try these stylish totes:
1. Bazura Bags - made of recycled juice containers, each bag is unique in it's design & supports a women's co-op in the Philippines
2. Envirosax - Great designs & colors & they will easily fit in your over-sized shoulder bag, which will still be "in" for spring.
3. B. Happy Bags - Cute totes with more colorful designs to replace or carry with your regular bag while shopping.
4. Chico Bag - This one is my favorite because it is so easy to have with you at all times since it folds up to a little pouch & fits right in your bag. My step mom gave me my first chico bag & I love it. So cute & sturdy too.

And, for those of us with animal friends at home, try Biobags for cleaning up after your perfect pet. The dog waste bags are great for taking on your walks & the food waste bags are an ideal size for scooping the liter box. Also, try the food waste bags for produce shopping and the kitchen bags at home.

Saving the planet one bag at a time!

image credit: http://flickr.com/photos/dan4th/190211539

3 comments:

Bag Monster said...

So I take it you don't like plastic bags? Nobody seems to want us around anymore... It's hard being a Bag Monster in the Age of Bag Bans!
My whole family has been banned from San Francisco! So much for the "City of Tolerance!" My Bag Monster family is being kicked out of cities all over the world. For a good laugh (at my expense), and to find out more about how life is getting tougher for Bag Monsters, go to my blog: http://www.BagMonster.com

Dan4th said...

Great post, and I'm glad you found a use for my photo.. but it looks like your link is broken. It should be: http://flickr.com/photos/dan4th/190211539/


:)

I recently learned how to knit those plastic shopping bags, and it's keeping me amused.

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/

Dianna said...

Thanks dan4th, I fixed the link. Sorry for entering it incorrectly. Your photo is so colorful & actually makes the dreaded plastic bags look beautiful.