Friday, January 25, 2008

where are those peta people with their red paint?


Oh SJP, how you disappoint. As a part of the print ads for the SATC movie, SJP (Carrie Bradshaw) is seen here in a fox coat by Burberry. How many foxes do you think were killed for this one coat? My guess would be at least 40. Not to mention the others that will be sold (at $9,000 a pop) as a result of this ad campaign & her endorsement of fur. I am a die-hard SATC fan and love, love, love Carrie's fabulous fashions, courtesy of Pat Field. But, never witnessed Carrie flaunting fur through the whole SATC series, so why start now with the movie? I could be wrong, but I've seen every episode at least 54 times & fur catches my eye the instant it is on the screen (the repulsed physical reaction soon follows along with an extreme feeling of loathing towards the person wearing it). I admit that I love this ad sans the murderous coat made of innocent, cute & fuzzy foxes. Doesn't she know that fur is dead?

To learn more about one of the many plights of the fox species go here.

image credit: www.fashionweekdaily.com

No comments: