Sunday, April 6, 2008

sunday morning flea market

I went to "The Groves" Antique Market this morning, which is held on the 1st Sunday of every month near my house. I have found many treasures over the years at this market & always enjoy strolling through the aisles and seeing all of the stuff (prizes & junk) people are selling.

I came home with only one treasure today, but it was a good one.
This is my new vintage black porcelain tray, which is perfect for displaying my perfume bottles.
Bargained down to $10 from $15.
I love the scalloped edges and the pretty little handles.

Isn't she purdy?

This is one of my favorite sellers at the market. Her displays are very rustic-chic and the pieces she sells are so beautiful.

I have a thing for globes & love how they look in a home office or a kid's bedroom. One seller had a nice little collection of them.

This seller has the best collection of French/Parisian things & they are displayed very nicely.

I acquired this vintage suitcase from the French place (above) the last time I was at the market for $20. I've always wanted one & now I feel the need to take a trip on the train.
Right now it's being used to store old sketch books.

7 comments:

please sir said...

You found some great stuff too! Love the plate - what a wonderful find!

Secretista said...

OOO. I love your precious treasure!

Anonymous said...

This is a great reminder that I seriously need to hit up the Fremont market this Sunday--as long as the silly Seattle weather allows.

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

Great purchase! Let me know the next time you make a flea market trip - I'd love to join :)

Anonymous said...

oh tres fabu!

Anonymous said...

Love the tray! I keep forgetting about that market...I must go!!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I really like the globes with the colors...its perfect and good size.

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com