Friday, April 18, 2008

i heart art....lindsey

It's my good friend Lindsey's I Heart Art week!
She has chosen the beautiful photographs of Maui photographers, Monica and Michael Sweet
and here's why.....


Maui is truly my favorite place in the world. I have been traveling there since I was five and it is like my second home. About 8 years ago, I was flipping through a collection of photographs in a gallery and saw Plumeria 3. I thought it was the most beautiful image I had ever seen. For years I would make a point to find this photograph in the local Maui galleries and swore that someday I would own it. I am proud to say that a large limited edition print hangs proudly in my dining room today. Monica and Michael Sweet have such an amazing ability to capture the unique beauty and tranquility of the islands, and every time I gaze at any one of the nine prints I have hanging throughout my home I am instantly transported to that place. They were the first to truly open my eyes to the art of photography. Their use of light and reflection so beautifully showcases the seascapes, plants, and animals of both Maui and Kauai, always leaving me wanting more. - Lindsey

Thanks Linds!!

To participate in I Heart Art, click here.

2 comments:

please sir said...

wonderful - oh I want to go!

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great post Lindsey :)