Friday, August 1, 2008

the lowdown


Thank you all for your nice comments about my new job! So sweet! I'm excited to start a new chapter and am savoring every moment that is left of my holiday until then.
Since you asked, here are the details about my new joby job...
I'll be working as a Buyer for a restaurant chain at their home office, which isn't too far from my house. From what I know, I'll be buying the non-consumable items (everything that goes into a restaurant other than the food), which is good for me since I'm a vegetarian and not sure how it would work if I had to buy meat. I have worked in the hotel and design industries, but never in restaurants, so I'm excited to learn something new.
The dress is business casual with jeans days on Fridays (thank goodness!). In my last job, I was able to wear jeans everyday, so I do have some shopping to do to bulk-up my work wardrobe.

You don't think I wasted any time getting started on that, did you? Hooray for new job shopping!
Checkout the first of my purchases....

Gee Wa Wa Playa in Black Luster

Remember these from my make-believe shopping trip?! Oh yes, now they will be mine! That is, if they fit well and are somewhat comfortable. I ordered them from Zappos last night, and will hopefully get to try the cuties on before we leave for Peru.

Boys' Two-Button Schoolboy Blazer

Thanks to today's post by Miss Couturable, I discovered this handsome schoolboy at J.Crew Kids and scooped one up for myself (I will have it in 7-10 business days). I never had thought about looking at boys jackets to find the schoolboy of my dreams, but I think this might be it. And, because it's kids, it runs a bit cheaper than regular J. Crew prices. I think my frame will be small enough to fit the boys' XXL, although I'm not sure what will happen with the boob-factor. My fingers are crossed!

The mission continues...
Hopefully I can find some great jewelry and scarves in Peru to add to my collection. And, I plan to take a trip to Anthropologie and other favorite spots upon my return. More to come soon!

1 comment:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

wow Dianna, it sounds like a wonderful position. It's nice to have something a little different to go into, but I like a bit of a challenge. Love the new shoes :)