Thursday, October 23, 2008

60's inspiration

My closet and I are in need of some serious inspiration. For far too many mornings in a row I have stared into that black hole and come to the conclusion that I have a closet full of clothes, but nothing at all to wear. I am uninspired and have yet to find my #1 obsession for Fall. Sigh.
But, these lovely vintage photos from the 60's have helped to lift my spirits. Found while browsing flickr, from Lee Sutton's collection.

Maxis, plaid, clogs, cinched waists and silk scarves....what more do you need? I would seriously give my left arm for one of these fantastically fantastic maxi skirts.

Winter Wear, 1969
Shifts, leggings, knee-high boots, and black & white = winter essentials.

4 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Love that top photo :)
have a great weekend!

soma said...

YES! YES!

Anonymous said...

That is *so* bizarre--I just favorited that top photo on flickr the other day .

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

love the plaid! i find myself staring into my closet all the time and feel the same way...i'm pretty bored with the little selection i have! ugh!