Sunday, October 5, 2008

penny pinching

Depending on how you look at it, the present sad state of affairs could be considered a time to save and prepare for more failing banks and lost jobs. On the other hand, it could be a time to spend and help-out the failing economy. My stance is somewhere in the middle, while I'm not cutting out shopping entirely (especially not during my favorite time of the year), I am cutting way back. The thought of putting extra money away instead of spending it on another pair of shoes, seems like a pretty smart one right about now.
And, so I give you another make-believe shopping trip.
If I were to shop, this is what I would buy...

I found these at Nordstrom a few weeks back, but they don't have them online anymore & I can't remember who makes them. I fell in love the moment I saw them.

Tory Burch Milano Duncan Tie Neck Dress

See by Chloe Plaid Toggle Jacket

Miz Mooz Jessy Wedge Boot

Semantiks Crochet Dress

Leifsdottir Painted Button Melange Sweater
And everything else Leifsdottir.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the plaid jacket! I wish I could buy normal clothes right now!!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I love that sweater!!

Anonymous said...

Adore the shoes & boots. I haven't yet decided how I feel about shopping right now. I'd been promising myself to go back to thrifting for everything but basics anyways & try & do handmade for the rest. With holidays coming, though, it can be a bit tough.

WendyB said...

Love that boot.

please sir said...

Oh wow - I LOVE the first pair of shoes - divine!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

That green top is perfect. I bought a couple green shirts lately and the color is so rich! I would have never worn green in the past, but i LOVE it now!

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

MUST HAVE the boots and that green sweater!!! My birthday is coming up in less than 2 weeks...