Wednesday, October 1, 2008

pfw...so far, so very good

My heart is all a flutter after viewing the latest offerings from Paris.
A few of my loves so far...

Vivienne Westwood
The epitome of all that is eccentric and cool, Vivienne Westwood's Spring collection is edgy and so much fun. The color palette is amazing, although my favorite pieces were in black. Scrumptuous!



Junya Watanabe
I want to be a market girl with a load of flowers on my head and the perfect mix of new and classic prints draped around my body! I love this collection. The innovation was on par with what Watanabe usually brings to the table, but the African-influence, use of denim, and serene vibe of the collection took it over the top. Bien fait!



Comme des Garcons
Rei Kawakubo took us back to her infamous black this season with an intricate presentation of technical sophistication. I admit it didn't make the list of my favorite CDG collections, but I do love the mathematical & geometric elements and the structured composition. I get it, at least I think I do.

No comments: