Monday, October 20, 2008

it's all in the details & the price

It's the details and craftsmanship that makes my heart go pitter-patter when browsing through J.Crew. So many pretty and lust-worthy prizes.
I've always believed that there are certain items worth splurging on and J.Crew happens to carry many classic pieces that make for great investments. But, even when buying a more expensive item, the price has to make sense. The J.Crew pricing tends to be higher than even the beauty of the pieces constitutes. I try to justify a purchase here and there, but I wish I could do it more often because I love so many of their offerings.
I've listed my pricing on a few items that I am currently drooling over below. At these prices, I would buy.

Striped Victoria Ruffle Shirt
J.Crew price = $98, My price = $68

Merino Melanie Button-Cuff Crewneck
J.Crew price = $78, My price = $58

Super 120s Blair Dress
J.Crew price = $188, My price = $120

Classic Peacoat
J.Crew price = $225, My price = $150

Favorite-Fit Herringbone University Pant
J.Crew price = $168, My price = $98

I won't even go into their shoes or jewelry because the majority of the items are overpriced and the quality (or lack of) does not justify the expense.
Last I checked, J.Crew was a mass-retailer and not a high-end designer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what a GREAT little cardigan! Fall recently decided to show up here in Oklahoma, so I'm breaking out the cardis and pencil skirts! Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

the ruffle shirt and the crew neck are on my list of "must haves"!

Anonymous said...

That button cuff would be pretty easy to replicate...Hmmm....

Yeah, I haven't bought retail at J.Crew in years. Their sales are generally only okay--the sale prices reflect what they should be charging given that they're NOT couture. Maybe the economic downturn will remind them of that.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss my J.Crew! When will they make maternity clothes!!??!!