Monday, June 23, 2008

broach season

photo by chakkababy

Although I always consider Fall & Winter to be the ideal broach season, I am craving colorful flower pins to brighten up my Summer wardrobe & carry into Fall. The broach is a staple in my wardrobe that I picked-up many years ago & plan to maintain into my granny years. Most of my broaches are vintage, purchased on Ebay and flea markets because I love an accessory with a history. I have lots of cameos and big gold jeweled pieces, but I don't have many sunny Summer day options.
And, so the search begins for fun & flowery treasures to pin to my person.
Inspiration....

Agapanthus Corsage/Boutonnière by Ekaminsk
I adore the idea of wearing a corsage around during the day or for an evening out. Of course, fresh flowers are always best, but a tasteful silk arrangement like this one is simply stunning!

Camellia Pair of Fabric Flowers by Rumah Kampung
I think I'm going to buy these because they are fabulous! I love the colors & the fact that they are made from remnant fabrics - the green from taffeta and the indigo from silk. They are the perfect size & do not look cheesy like most silk flower pins.

photo by bliss24
I am always drawn to enameled broaches, but have yet to buy one of my own. They are perfect for summer & more casual occasions to add a little something to your ensemble. These daisies are adorable!

5 comments:

Secretista said...

I love broaches but I can never find a store to buy them at and my DIY skills aren't too nice.

Anonymous said...

I will get marry next week and got some beautiful Silk Flowers to decorate my home.

please sir said...

Oh fun - these are great!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I love broaches, but just can't seem to pull off the look! These are very lovely!

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

lovely post! i've never been a broach-kind-of-girl but i think with the right one, it might be fun to try!