Monday, June 2, 2008

'holiday'....le jour l'un

It's Day One of what I will affectionately call my 'Holiday' (period between jobs).
I really have no idea what to do with myself, but so far my first day has gone well.
Here's how....
Wake-up & feel weird about the fact that I'm not leaving for work, shower, eat breakfast.
Decide to run the errands on my to-do list via bicycle (good for me & the environment).

The crisp morning air was so refreshing. The trees were in full bloom & the sidewalks were covered with pretty lavender petals.
My stops.....drop-off dry cleaning, bank, post office, and Trader Joe's (for eggs & cat treats).

A stop along the train tracks for some photos.



I made good use of the eggs I bought and made pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting. Yum yum!


Spent several hours on the laptop continuing the job search, while I watched The Girl in the Cafe.The movie was really good! Has anyone seen it?

Next on the agenda.....laundry, water the plants, and make vegan spaghetti for dinner.
Au revoir pour le moment!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg you've become a happy homemaker housewife!

:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day to me!

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

Sounds like you made the most of your day! I really love that you rode your bike :) I took a look at mine today and it's FILTHY. Needs a good cleaning! We'll have to bike ride on the trails one of these days.

Secretista said...

What a housewife day. Pumpkin muffins?! And cream cheese frosting!??!?!? Interesting. VERY interesting. I don't like neither, that's why LOL. Must have been nice to be on a Holiday.

Times of Glory said...

It is a very sweet and romantic post! And what a lovely day!

please sir said...

Aw, sounds like a great day. And I haven't seen that movie...will have to check out. Thanks for your comment on the Living post - I know you will find what you are looking for!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Sounds like a great first day to the holiday :)
Lovely photos!

Anonymous said...

What great photos. I haven't even heard of the movie (yes, I live under a rock) but I love Bill Nighy (is that his name?) so I'll have to look it up.

PutriGuenantine said...

i've watched this film, agree with you on the fact that it was a really good movie. C=