Monday, June 30, 2008

home inspiration

Due mostly to the fact that I've been spending a lot of time at home, I feel the need to do some updating/home improvement. The challenge is thinking of things to do without spending much (or any) money. Impossible, right? Well, sort of.
My focus has primarily been on the living room and dining room, which haven't changed much since we moved in 3 years ago, other than a new sofa. So, I spent all of Sunday going through my cabinets of accessories to see if I still like anything enough to use. I found a few treasures that I had forgotten about, which is just as good as buying something new. And, I found a few items that just need a little paint to give them an updated look. My painting adventures begin tomorrow.
For now, I found these photos from Domino Magazine for inspiration...

I love how great this small space looks. The colors and highlighting of the architectural detail are fantastic.

This space has a lot going on, but all of the elements are so interesting & there is so much sitting room in a very small space.

This one is my favorite, mainly because of the kitties & silhouettes. But, I also love the blue and green & the fresh feel of this space.

Black, white, and green - my ideal color combination for my bedroom. The kelly green sofa is a bold element that goes perfectly with the patterned wallcovering.

3 comments:

please sir said...

Oh yay for home inspiration - great color choices.

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

black, white. blue and green. Perfect in every way!

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

great inspiration photos! i love the second photo - especially the stacked vintage luggage in the corner with a small round mirror hung from them! i like the collage of framed photos mixed with plates in the third photo & the kitties :)
you've inspired me to paint some frames that I've had stacked in my closet! great idea to re-paint your old stuff in lieu of buying something new.