Tuesday, June 3, 2008

holiday....le jour deux

Day two of my adventure.....
I feel much more relaxed today as I sit here with a glass of wine and a kitty on my lap. Not a bad way to spend the evening.

Missy Foo woke me up at 4:45am for breakfast, so my day started early.
I finished up the wedding invitation envelopes below for a bride & groom who are getting married in July. Font: Vivaldi, Ink: Chocolate

I also did some more calligraphy for a project for my mother-in-law. She is giving the album below to one of her friends/colleagues who is going to be receiving an Outstanding Faculty Award from a local college on Friday.

I checked out the new Sprouts Farmers Market in my neighborhood this afternoon & was thoroughly disappointed. Sure, they had some of the same veggie/organic stuff that Mother's or Whole Foods has, but I was hoping for a nice selection of fresh organic produce. No such luck! They didn't have ANY organic produce, which makes them even worse than a standard grocery (i.e. Ralph's) in that aspect. I left empty handed & vowed never to go back. I will stick with Trader Joe's and an occasional trip to Whole Foods.

For din-din, I made a delicious risotto from a recipe I found on Epicurious.
If anyone is into risotto, check out this recipe! It is so good & a new favorite at my house.

Now for a pumpkin muffin.....
Bon Soir!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're really getting the hang of this holiday time! I was thinking how nice a bike ride would be this afternoon. It was so beautiful. Glad you were able to enjoy the day!!