Tuesday, March 11, 2008

sunny + breezy = clothesline dreams

Clothesline
photo by Anetz

Out to Dry
Photo by Pattay

Until They're Dry
Photo by Catherine Jamieson

Dubai
Photo by Raneen Nosh

Today was a perfect day, 70's with a steady ocean breeze.
My coworker & I have taken to opening one of the windows near our cubes so we can feel the cool breeze on our backs.
I can't help but to daydream.
Today, the cool air reminded me of my great grandmother's clothesline & how the fabrics would dance in the wind.
So clean & fresh.
There's something so old fashioned and lovely about fabric (clothes, sheets..) hanging on a clothesline.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having grown up with clothes regularly hanging in the back yard, I've definitely got a soft spot for these images.

& I'm envying you your 70 degrees. If only.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a big enough back yard for one. I have always loved the idea of clotheslines.

Dianna said...

you could do one now linds, but you would probably receive angry letters & fines from your association :-)