Thursday, May 1, 2008

stormy may day

Into the Storm (very appropriately titled) - by Fort Photo

Well friends, today is a bad day.
My bestie's father passed away this morning (somewhat unexpectedly),
and the stability of my employment looks even bleaker today than it did yesterday.
My heart is heavy & I feel like I can't breathe.

But, there are a few things bringing sunshine into my life:
1. I was tagged today bythe lovely August of The Fancier, a fabulous fashion blog that you must read. She even has a pug named Lulu! I will get to work on the tag & you will be seeing my list of quirks (as if I have any) and 5 things on here before too long.
2. Hoot & Heart received my Lulu and the Bee flyers & they are posted in their shop! Also, I may be included in a wedding book by the talented Eric Dare of Hoot & Heart down the road!
3. Lulu and the Bee will be featured in an upcoming issue of Phoenix Picks, a bi-monthly newsletter about life & style in the Valley of the Sun! Thanks to the fabulous The UE of The Ugly Earring!!
4. I have lots of dark chocolate peanut M&Ms in my desk to get me through.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your cloud still has quite a silver lining. Glad to hear about the progress for Lulu and the Bee, and nothing is better than chocolate, your hubby, and the girls. Hope your night and weekend make up for today!

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

You have a lot of wonderful things to be thankful for :) I'm so excited about the latest ventures with Lulu & the Bee! It's great to have so much support. And about the peanut M&Ms, I think I've had more than my share - I owe you a bag!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you are going through a lot right now. But you definitely are on the right track by keeping in mind your wonderful talents and family. Times are definitely difficult for many but this too shall pass. It sounds like you are really have a lot going for Lulu and the Bee, and you just opened!! Congrats on that!

xoxoxox,
DIL

Anonymous said...

Don't significant others and pets always make things better? Funny, that.

Anonymous said...

the positives seem to outweigh the black cloud!