Wednesday, May 14, 2008

you're not the boss of me

Now that I'm on the hunt for a job, my work wardrobe needs some sprucing up & I'm in search of inspiration. At my current job, I can wear jeans and tees everyday if I want to. So, transitioning to more "professional" attire for interviewing and possibly everyday wear is required.
There is nothing that makes me more uncomfortable than matching slacks and a jacket. It's just not me, which means I have to find ways to look sharp sans the matchy/matchy suit look.

Favorite-fit Wool Crepe Trouser - J.Crew
I do believe that I need a pair of these slacks in navy. The fit is perfection and navy goes with everything I own. I love this look with the blue collared shirt and red shoes.

Wool Hacking Jacket - J.Crew
I love this combination! The jacket would be great for an interview (with different pants) and the whole look is perfect for everyday.

Mini-seersucker Pencil Skirt - J.Crew
I'm a sucker for seersucker & love the pairing with the yellow floral top.

Rebecca Taylor Tee & 18th Amendment Pants - Nordstrom
High waisted, wide legged prettiness! The top is so feminine & the pants are just my style. A great spring look for work.

Inspiration photo from F21
I know it's F21, and not the nicest for work, but I do love this photo. The stripped blazer with a floral top, and the smarty pants specs make for a great work look. Trade-out the jeans for a pair of navy trousers & you have yourself a winning combination.

2 comments:

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

Great finds - I'll most likely need a new wardrobe wherever I end up too! I love the seersucker pencil skirt and the 18th ammendment pants!

Times of Glory said...

The styles are brilliant for work - the colour combination, the cut and the innovation matching ideas! I adore them!